Windows Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) has an immediate need for an energetic and dynamic Windows Systems Administrator in support of the United States Geological Survey (USGS) Earth Resources Observation & Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD (http://www.siouxfalls.org).
The EROS Information Technology Services Division (ITSD) has an opening for a Windows Systems Administrator. This position is an integral part of a diverse team, with primary responsibilities for technical operational support for Windows environments. The candidate must be able to integrate into a team of highly skilled Systems Administrators and other Information Technology staff.
The Windows Systems Administrator will have technical responsibility for operational support, administration and maintenance of enterprise services and systems primarily built on Microsoft operating systems environments. Additional responsibilities include researching and advising on new technologies as well as providing support and system administration for services such as Active Directory, IEM, SCCM, SharePoint, and vSphere. Excellent communication skills and high motivation are required for this position. Occasional travel may be required.
* Provide higher-level Windows systems administration support to maintain all systems in accordance with appropriate system requirements.
* Experience with multiple storage technologies.
* Expected to be forward thinking and work closely with the Infrastructure Operations and Engineering staff to formulate solutions and create efficiencies.
* Leading and coordinating project activities with other project administrators to meet or exceed deadlines.
* Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
* Excellent understanding of and experience with VMware, Microsoft Windows, and Active Directory required.
* Ensure all systems and networks comply with USGS computer and network security requirements.
* Ability to work well within a team, possessing a good team spirit, as well as demonstrated self-management and flexibility in taking on new challenges.
Other Desired Skills:
* Exceptional customer service skills. Identify and understand client needs to ensure a successful outcome to customer requests.
* VMware (VCP) certification (required within one year of employment)
* Microsoft (MCSE) certification desired.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills with the ability to plan and achieve a variety of tasks. Able to set priorities and deal with a number of issues and deadlines concurrently.
Education: Minimum of an AA in Computer Science; BS/BA preferred. Education may be substituted for experience at manager s discretion.
Experience: Minimum of four to six years of directly-related technical, professional experience required.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com). This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.