Winter 2017 Co-Op - Software Engineer, Infrastructure
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
WINTER 2017 CO-OP -- SOFTWARE ENGINEER, INFRASTRUCTURE
Location: San Francisco, Seattle, Herndon, Vancouver
Multiple positions available
THIS POSITION IS ONLY OPEN TO STUDENTS ENROLLED AT A UNIVERSITY IN CANADA
This is your time to shine. Our software engineering co-ops are considered full time employees by their peers--in fact, you will be expected to contribute right away as a member of our Scrum teams for future releases. As the world leader in enterprise cloud computing, we release 3 new versions every year with close to 100 new features each release. You will write code that reaches millions of subscribers who use our applications everyday, work on our automated testing infrastructure, and craft the tools that provide real-time monitoring of our service. With such quick turnaround, we don't want our co-ops to sit on the sidelines and enjoy the view-- we want you to change the way our customers connect their business to the world!
As a software engineer in infrastructure, you will join our CORE INFRASTRUCTURE group. These teams deliver the infrastructure that drives salesforce.com, from high durable data storage using Oracle, HBase and others, to search technologies using Solr, to networking and load balancing using Java, Jetty and Netty. Here you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and optimize our highly available, distributed backend systems.
* Implement code fixes under the direction of software architects and senior developers
* Develop well-tuned code that may be included as part of our next software release
* Contribute to our suite of automated tests and testing infrastructure
* Enrolled in sophomore year or higher at a college/university or any year at a graduate school
* Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related
* Academic or professional/internship experience with Java
* Understanding of object-oriented programming/design
* Working knowledge of HTML and web technologies
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Be a self-starter and possess strong sense of self-motivation
* Coursework in SQL, relational database and distributed systems concepts
FutureForce is for college students or new grads wanting to experience life at Salesforce, one of the World's Most Innovative Companies 5--years--running and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" 8- years-running. FutureForce interns work on live projects, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact that they can show to friends, family, and future employers if we don't hire them first (and, we hire 80% of our eligible interns)!
They have the chance to collaborate and connect with the Salesforce interns from all over the world. And, like all Salesforce employees, interns also have many possibilities to volunteer, making a lasting impact in the community.
FutureForce offers a collaborative work environment, which fosters innovation, provides flexibility and --most importantly-- is fun!
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.