Wire Transfer Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Western Alliance Bancorporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The position of Wire Transfer Specialist is responsible for supporting the Wire Transfer Manager in ensuring the smooth operation of the department by performing a variety of duties; conducts FundTech GFX terminal operations; processes and verifies incoming and outgoing wires; assists in the preparation and maintenance of all desk manuals and forms; originates reports specific to department needs; answers customer inquiries; distributes mail and correspondence; maintains files; and performs other duties associated with the Bank s wire department.
* Provides support to all branches and affiliate banks where service or assistance is needed as it relates to wires.
* Prepares and verifies all incoming and outgoing wire transfers, meeting all deadlines and adhering to all policies and procedures; follows up on prepared data to ensure accuracy and a proper paper trail of all transactions.
* Balances and reconciles all logs and entries, including Federal Reserve Summary Statement to daily wire activity.
* Follows procedures for setting up new inquiry only remote users associated with the wire system.
* Follows controls in place to protect against fraudulent wire activity and unnecessary risk and exposure.
* Associate s degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school preferred; or High School Diploma/GED and two(2) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Work related experience should consist of a banking operations or financial institution accounting or bookkeeping background.
* Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
* Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
* General banking experience, methods and procedures related to Federal Funds transactions and bank account or general ledger reconciliation.
* Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer (ITI) system; GFX; Fedline terminal; word processing and spreadsheet software programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel, etc.).
Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to equal employment and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, nation origin, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetic information. Western Alliance Bancorporation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process and/or need an alternative method of applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 252-6257