Work Team Enabler 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
A Work Team Enabler (WTE) I will perform a variety of tasks including:
* Performing transactions in SAP, e.g. Goods Issued, LT01 Material Transfers, Kitting/Staging Orders MIGO, LT12 Confirming Transfer Orders, Technically Completing (TECO) Orders
* Managing inventory of sundry items, PPE and necessary office supplies and performing cycle counts on in-unit inventory
* Demonstrate leadership skills to resolve non-routine production issues (i.e. flexibility with work schedule)
* Inspecting shipments prior to receipt
* Managing flow of batch records between operations and QO
* Receiving materials into the inventory system (including small parcels)
* Unloading trucks/containers
* Moving materials using forklifts and transfer trucks
* Transferring materials to an approved pallet
* Labeling materials as required
* Placing materials in storage locations
* Picking materials for production orders
* Delivering materials to production and receiving material from production
* Preparing materials for shipment (API, DP, misc. parcels)
* Loading trucks/containers for shipment and bracing/securing as necessary
* Performing transactions in the inventory tracking systems
* Training new operators or cross-training as required
* Documenting activities as required.
* Interacting with internal customers and enabling groups (e.g. Quality, EHS, etc )
* Performing self-audits and inspections
* Participating on teams as required (e.g. Safety Team, process improvement teams, special projects)
* Complying with all Standard Operating Procedures, internal/external regulations, safety guidelines and GMP's.
* Responsible for maintaining finished goods/irradiation paperwork and shipping samples
* Verifying and accurately documenting use of packaging components, destruction of packaging components, return of excess components
* Maintain appropriate documentation/records
* Locate and stage product for destruction
* Locate and stage product for destruction
* Assist improvement teams as required
* Contribute positively to a motivational environment
* Provide input to process changes
The WTE I is an entry level role. Colleagues at this level will be learning the various jobs and tasks within the Work Team Enabler role. They will also be establishing their reliability (attendance and task completion), attention to detail (errors), safety performance (accidents and incidents), teamwork and communication skills, and knowledge/ability to learn. Successful demonstration of these skills and attributes will qualify the colleague for consideration for promotion . Establishment of basic understanding and proficiency of SAP and other required electronic systems is necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Experience: 1+ years of related experience
* Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: Ability to obtain the following certifications as applicable: Fork-Lift certification, Hazmat certification, Radiation Awareness, Valid Driver's License
* Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication skills
* Computer Skills: Microsoft Applications
* Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 55lbs, Repetition of activities, Stair climbing and extended standing and/or walking, Frequent time around equipment with moving parts, Ability to use warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks.
* Work Environment: Exposure to blood borne pathogens, airborne particles, cephalosporin as well as hazardous radiation. Must work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Use of hearing, eye protection and other personal protective equipment is required. Exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures, inside and outside of the buildings. Outside activities are required.