Workday Implementation Program Manager 8/20/2016
Alta Technology Group
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a Health Insurance company in downtown Manhattan, is looking for a Program Manager to be responsible for the implementation of Its new cloud-based Finance and HR app called Workday
Project work has moderate to high risk and risk interdependencies, may have several interrelationships, and may have moderate to high costs associated. Must have strong business and technical acumen with the ability to work with people from diverse functional backgrounds and build relationships across the organization. This position requires significant capacity to manage competing objectives and prioritize accordingly.
* Conducts project estimate workshops with project stakeholders to drive project estimates.
* Challenges estimates where appropriate to insure accurate effort estimates by functional areas.
* Manage project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget.
* Creates and manages the necessary artifacts necessary required for governance approval for medium to large-scale projects.
* Actively manages all stakeholder expectations
* Manages deliverables from all functional teams ensuring they meet the define timeline and quality based on CMMI and SDLC guidelines
* Deploys project management principles and techniques to establish and maintain control of the project.
* Tailors the use of specific project management techniques to each assignment (e.g. emphasizing risk management, or change management).
* Organizes and leads the project team through the initiation, planning, execution, control, implementation and closure phases of the project.
* Reports status to the sponsor, and escalates changes, issues, risks for resolution when needed.
* Negotiates with resource managers to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget.
* Work with business, corporate project management office and technology teams to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business.
* Accountable to the business and IT function for successful delivery of the project
* 15 +years Project and Program Management experience.
* Experience with Workday
* Experiencing managing some of the large legacy ERP apps like PeopleSoft combined with experience implementing a cloud based applications desirable
* Bachelor's from an accredited college or university.
* Experience in deploying project management principles and techniques to one or more projects that span multiple functional departments (IT and Business).
* Subject matter expertise in at least one business and/or technical area.