Workers Comp Policy Support Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This Policy Support Assistant will support Workers Compensation criticism processing and resolution with state bureaus. Qualified candidates must have Workers Compensation processing knowledge.
Under general supervision, processes complex policy support transactions to ensure insurance policies meet operational, legal and compliance requirements. Transaction types, specific codes, timeframes, allowable responses and overall process are strictly dictated by individual state requirements. This position requires frequent interaction with agents, insureds, state agencies and internal business partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyzes, researches, classifies and completes complex and high risk policy support transactions. Includes clearing classification or submission errors, processing policy cancellations/reinstatements and researching complex customer related issues.
2. Responds to and extensively researches customer, state or underwriting requests.
3. Sends requests for missing information or other correspondence as directed by the underwriter or departmental guidelines.
4. Prepares and compiles reports from a variety of sources.
5. May lead, mentor, and train other staff.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Supervisor or above
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Demonstrated ability to perform at high levels of productivity and quality.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and develop and maintain relationships.
4. Good analytical and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks.
5. Strong attention to detail with the ability to research and solve complex problems while working independently.
6. Knowledge of basic underwriting and insurance industry theories and practices.
7. Good computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business related software systems.
8. Acts with a sense of urgency to provide superior service to our customers and internal business partners. Takes ownership to see things through to a timely resolution.
9. Takes the initiative to help others in the interest of exceeding team or department goals, and to further advance the operation.
10. Embraces and champions change and actively looks for opportunities to improve service, quality, productivity and expense.
1. Invests the time to broaden skills and knowledge by learning other processes, taking on additional responsibilities, and learning more about other operations and/or the insurance industry.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience and some additional training after high school.
2. Typically a minimum of three years of related work experience in an office environment.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Maitland
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Maitland
Organization: World Wide Ops
Job Posting: Sep 7, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.