Workers' Compensation Claims Advocate (4837)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for providing customer service and supporting Producers by servicing existing accounts and soliciting new business. Independent responsibility for managing workers compensation claims of assigned customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages workers compensation claims for assigned clients;
* Provides value added services to Producers, focusing on account retention and obtaining new business;
* Conducts quarterly claims review meetings with employer representatives;
* Obtains loss runs and claim status; discusses claims finalization plans with adjusters;
* Provides individual claims analysis reports;
* Conducts unit statistical review meetings;
* Obtains customer's experience rating worksheet from the Workers' Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau;
* Produces experience modification projections and what if scenarios;
* Attends new business calls and presents department services;
* Provides technical assistance to Producers and customers;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
4 - 8 years related work experience, indemnity claims adjusting experience preferred
Valid insurance license preferred
One of the following designations preferred: ARM, AAI, WCCP
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good leadership, problem solving and time management skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Advanced analytical skills
Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Ability and motivation to work independently
Ability to interface with executives internal and external
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.