Workers Compensation Claims Consultant
Individual contributor responsible for the overall management of highly complex claims. Recognized as a technical expert in the interpretation of complex or unusual policy coverages in area of expertise. Under general management direction, works within assigned limits of broad authority on assignments requiring a high degree of technical complexity and coordination. May have regional, industry segment or company-wide scope of responsibility within specialty area.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Oversees the claim handling being performed by various Third Party Administrators and Self Insureds who handle Workers Compensation claims on the behalf of CNA insureds.
2. Manage relationships between various Third Party Administrators and Self Insureds.
3. Assist in performing claim audits of Third Party Administrators and Self Insureds.
4. Negotiates highly complex settlement packages, sets reserves and authorizes payment within scope of authority, settling claims in most cost effective manner and ensuring timely issuance of disbursements.
5. Coordinates third party recovery with subrogation/salvage unit.
6. Makes recommendations on claims policy and processes to management.
7. Analyzes claims activities, prepares and presents reports to management.
8. Works with Third Party Administrators, attorneys, account representatives, agents, doctors and insureds regarding the handling and/or disposition of highly complex claims.
9. Keeps current on state/territory regulations and issues, industry activity and trends.
10. May provide guidance and assistance to less experienced claims staff and other functional areas.
1. Assist on various special claims projects, presentations and claim initiatives.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Advanced technical and product specific expertise, claims resolution skill and knowledge of insurance and claims principles, practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designation preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of 5 years workers compensation claims experience. Prior management experience a plus.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Dallas
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Dallas
Organization: Claim - Comm Field
Job Posting: Sep 12, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.