Workers' Compensation Claims Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
Under broad supervision, investigates and maintains workers' compensation claims. Works within limited authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity. Reviews coverages, determines liability and compensability, secures information, and settles claims utilizing claims policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Interprets basic policy coverages and determines if coverages apply to claims submitted, escalating issues as needed.
2. Sets activities, reserves and authorizes payment within scope of authority, settling claims in most cost effective and timely manner. Ensures prompt issuance of disbursements while effectively managing loss costs and claim expenses.
3. Participates in performing investigations and evaluating claims through contact with insureds, claimants, witnesses and experts.
4. Identifies and escalates serious claim developments to management efficiently and effectively.
5. Partners with attorneys, account representatives, agents, underwriters, doctors and insureds to develop a focused strategy for timely and cost effective resolution of claims.
6. Recognizes need for negotiation, participates in planning strategy and negotiates within scope of authority.
7. Identifies claims with third party recovery potential and coordinates with subrogation / salvage unit.
8. Analyzes claims activity and prepares reports for management review.
9. Responsible for input of data that accurately reflects claim circumstances and other information important to our business outcomes.
10. Keeps current on state / territory issues, regulations and trends.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Manager or Director
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
1. Knowledge of claims and insurance industry theory and practices.
2. Developing technical expertise, product specific knowledge and negotiation skills.
3. Ability to negotiate and settle claims effectively.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
5. Ability to work independently. Good time management skills.
6. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrates attention to detail.
7. The ability to exercise independent judgement and make sound business decisions effectively.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software.
9. Ability to adapt to change and value diverse opinions and ideas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
2. Completion of a formal claims training program or minimum six months of claims experience.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Other Locations: United States-New York-Syracuse
Organization: Claim-CommFld-Workers Comp
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.