Workers Compensation Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
GReenLight Staffing Group
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONWorkers Comp. Manager
The Workers Compensation Manager will focus on developing and executing a strategic plan and vision for the Organization's workers compensation program. This role will lead multi-jurisdictional claims process flow derived from multiple states for approximately 7500 employees nationwide. The successful candidate will develop and implement process improvements and initiatives to reduce the Organization's Workers' Compensation claims with a focus on programs to support the prevention of workplace injury and illness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage administration of the self-insurance program Workers' Compensation Program to support the initiatives of the company
* Develop and implement of strategic programs to manage and reduce workers' compensation claims, risks and control costs.
* Direct, monitor and manage the activities and performance of the workers' compensation third party claims administrator to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and control costs.
* Coordinate with internal and external partners to, evaluate and improve workflow and streamline process.
* Compile and analyze information and make recommendations for use in formulating guidelines and policies.
* Develop dashboards, collect data and prepare reports for senior leadership.
* Review and manage claim reserve increases and claim settlements.
* Schedule and manage continuous claim reviews with TPA, brokers and counsel to ensure the most cost-effective claims handling processes, settlements or dismissals.
* Conduct settlement negotiations based on an authorized settlement authority
* Investigate employee injury cases; oversee the investigation of claims; develop strategies to handle specific cases in consultation with the appropriate parties
* Drive budget preparations and monitor expenditures; communicate claims cost and reserve information to financial auditors
* Handle private and proprietary information; uphold strict confidentiality & protect information from unauthorized disclosure
* Collaborate with all parties involved and maintain status of claims including injured colleagues, patients/families, facilities, medical providers, insurance carriers, attorneys, HR department, and others to move a claim toward an appropriate resolution.
* Manage the Return to Work Program
* Provide/arrange training programs relating to workers' compensation laws, benefits, policies and loss control
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
* Minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing work comp claims, preferably with a multi-state organization
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or additional experience in lieu of degree
* Advanced knowledge of federal, state and local laws, codes and safety regulations including the State Labor Code, Workers' Compensation and Americans with Disabilities Act laws, OSHA, and employment laws, procedures and regulations.
* Awareness of Jurisdictions, functions, and procedures of the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Advanced functional understanding of medical and technical terminology used in injury cases, required
* Strong collaboration skills and experience working with global virtual teams
* Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
* Highly driven, self-motivated, with proven record of sound leadership abilities
* Entrepreneurial approach to professional responsibilities
* Knowledge of federal, state and local laws