Workers Compensation Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
As a Workers\' Compensation Specialist, covering Virginia & West Virginia, you will be responsible for handling Workers' Compensation claims within designated authority.
Experience handling West Virginia Workers\' compensation claims is strongly preferred.
Candidates will be considered in either Virginia or West Virginia (preferred).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Communication skills
* Interpersonal skills
* Analytical skills
* Problem-solving skills
* Ability to operate a computer and related equipment and software
* High school diploma, or equivalent, required.
* Successful completion of Introduction to Insurance, Introduction to Claims (AIC 30) and medical interpretation course preferred.
* Appropriate license as required by state.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Often (20-50%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.