World wide ( WW ) Procurement Manager - Conveyors, Rack Systems - Large Industrial 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
Amazon is seeking a World Wide Procurement Manager to partner with internal business owners and key stake holders to drive extreme procurement and operational value for Amazon. This role is expected to operate at a strategic and tactical level to develop comprehensive category strategies incorporating regional and business specific requirements, global and international suppliers, and innovative and comprehensive business requirements. The scope of the World Wide Procurement team covers the Capital Equipment, IT, Real Estate and other areas of spend for WW Operations, including material handling equipment, robotics, conveyors, controls, racking, professional services and other important operational spend areas. The World Wide Procurement Manager will work closely with the Senior Managers and Director of World Wide Procurement to develop long-term strategic plans to maximize global value for Amazon including managing all aspects of the global category (working closely with the regional procurement teams in NA, EU and Asia) including executive supplier relationship management, total cost of ownership road maps, value engineering, contract management, lead-time reduction, operational improvements, public relations activities, and maintenance/support. WW Procurement will often partner in these activities with representatives from Engineering Finance, Legal and Business Development. Overall, the World Wide Procurement Manager has the responsibility for effectively managing the global spend and developing the supply base for their respective category areas to enable Amazon to be the best e-commerce retailer in the world.
* Develop multi-year strategic plans for category spend management and supplier base development that provides Amazon a competitive advantage.
* Drive annual plans and activities that meets the company's financial objectives.
* Lead major procurement projects on a global basis.
* Work in close cooperation with the regional procurement teams in NA, EU and Asia and respective stakeholders in engineering, facilities and operations.
* Lead the implementation of strategic supplier development plans including maximizing purchasing leverage and improving supplier performance.
* Implement strategic sourcing strategies to optimize costs and ensure continuity of supply, ensuring cost efficient supply of business critical items.
* Develop and drive integrated category supply chain processes that ensure continuous improvements in supplier quality, delivery and cost performance.
* Led key negotiations, implement improved processes and incorporate value engineering activities to achieve cost reduction goals.
* Drive the necessary controls, budgets, policies and procedures are in place to optimize procurement's contribution to Amazon's business plans.
* Develop and utilize improved metrics and data driving decision making capabilities.
* Improve overall organizational capability through systems, processes and talent development.
* Develop and implement an integrated supply chain processes that effectively support Amazon's growing and dynamic business model.
* Build, develop and lead a team of world class procurement professionals.
* Drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.
* A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 4+years Amazon experience.
* 8+ years of domestic/international procurement or operations experience including category management, large project negotiations or contract management of over $100+ million in annual spend.
* Executive level negotiation, supplier management and contract management experience.
* Data analysis and analytical decision making skills.
* Experience partnering closely with stakeholders and/or regional procurement partners.