Wound Care Registered Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: The Registered Wound Care Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning and implementing care for patients with acute and chronic wounds. The Registered Wound Care Nurse will fully assess the patient, identify disease processes, and collaborate with physicians to develop a care plan. The RN will assist physicians with minor surgical procedures, apply complicated dressings, Provide patient and family teaching, phone triage, thorough documentation. The Registered Wound care nurse will receive advanced training and will be expected to operate the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chambers when needed.
The Registered Nurse collaborates with physicians and other disciplines to ensure patient satisfaction and quality, cost effective patient care.
* Able to assess patient disease processes to identify and label wound type, using appropriate methods of diagnostic testing
* Ability to case manage patients on a weekly basis to provide input into change of care plan
* Identifies patients appropriate for advanced therapies. Effectively collaborates with Physician to expedite treatment
* Chooses appropriate primary wound treatments and wound dressings
* Completes documentation, with attention to detail, in a timely manner
* Associate's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
* License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required., and CWCN, CWOCN preferred
* 0-1 years related work experience required in 2 years of wound care experience preferred.
* Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
AGE BASED COMPETENCIES:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf