Wound and Ostomy Nurse, Full Time
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Spaulding HospitalBoston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC)
Provide expert clinical consultation and education to nurses, family, patient and healthcare team regarding their responsibilities for coordinating all aspects of managing and delivering quality, cost effective patient and family centered care, specifically in the areas of wound, ostomy and continence.
* Clinical expert services provided to interdisciplinary team to achieve quality outcomes for wound/ostomy care patients.
* New patients are assessed, and caseload of patients is managed in accordance with wound/ostomy professional practice standards.
* Consultation is provided to liaisons and admissions staff to prepare for complex wound/ostomy patients.
* Wound program developed to meet patient and organizational goals.
* Staff orientation and ongoing education is provided to build consistent knowledge of wound/ostomy best practices.
* Patient and family education is provided to move towards self care with wound/ostomy care.
* Quality improvement data is gathered, analyzed, and actions outlined to address nosocomial pressure ulcers.
* Hospital formulary monitored to ensure wound and ostomy products are available to meet patient needs.
* Committees are participated in to advance the objectives for wound/ostomy care.
* Specialty equipment is monitored and vendors collaborated with to ensure equipment meets SRN needs.
* Uphold the PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Graduate of Accredited School of Nursing.
* Bachelors Degree of Science in Nursing required.
* Current license as a Registered Nurse in Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
* Registered Nurse Certification in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law.