YMCo Off Premise Sales Representative - The Estates Group
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
Columbia Distributing Co
JOB DESCRIPTIONColumbia Distributing is one of the nation's largest malt beverage, wine and non-alcoholic distributors. Our success is based on the fact that we never lose sight of delivering what are really important--quality products, timely service, and a genuine concern for our customers' needs. And we succeed because of the enthusiasm and dedication our employees bring to their jobs every day. Whether it's their dedication to our customers, their dedication to the communities we serve, or their dedication to each other--it's the people who work here that make it such a great place to work.
When you work for Columbia Distributing, you are part of a progressive, growing organization with a reputation for high quality products and services. We are hardworking, dedicated, men and women who have set out to become the nation's top distributor.
Position: Account Manager -- Estates
Reports to: District Manager
Position Statement: To maximize the sale of supplier brands to high image wine accounts through effective account management, selling execution, and communication resulting in the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
Account Manager -- Estates are expected to plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts by:
* Effectively executing distribution and volume through various qualitative drivers -- distribution, drink/wine lists, wells/WBTC, promotions, banquets, special events, and other opportunities.
* Conducting staff training and education in all assigned accounts.
* Identifying opportunities, developing and implementing 'Account Action Plans'.
* Developing monthly, weekly and daily written plans for execution.
* Creating customer business building concepts to increase company share and volume.
* Working collaboratively with supplier personnel to develop product knowledge, assist with presentations and activate account action plans.
Account Manager -- Estates are expected to obtain company and supplier quotas and revenue growth by:
* Selling concepts and consulting with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
* Building relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
* Utilizing pricing and promotion strategies, marketing opportunities, servicing, merchandising and category management skills.
Account Manager -- Estates are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company's management by:
* Communicating issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
Job Specific Competencies:
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques and theory behind selling the organization's products or services.
Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific customer's business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization's products and services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
Qualified Candidates should possess:
* 2 years of sales experience in the wine industry
* Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience
* CSW certifications or will ultimately obtain certification
* Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills
* Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment
* Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine and spirit sales within an account
* Proven track record of successful selling
* Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
* Key attributes (IE; entrepreneurial self starter, ambitious personality, accountable and action oriented, etc.)
* Must possess valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record
* Medical, Dental, Vision, RX
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Disability Insurance
* Employee Assistance Program
* Family and Medical Leave Act
* 401(k) Plan
* Educational Assistance Program
* Paid Vacation, Holiday and Sick time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled