Yard Driver: First Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
UTi Worldwide Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide safe, efficient and effective trailer movement on the property
* Manage documentation related to the job duties and responsibilities
* Adhere to all site and client rules and regulations
* Communicate effectively with other operational departments and representatives regarding workload, priority, productivity, etc.
*Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Must have a clean driving record
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
* Must have prior yard tractor experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Effective driving skills to maneuver trailers into and off dock doors
* Able to complete work in a productive and safe manner
* Able to operate with minimum supervision
* Willing to work overtime when needed
* Willing and able to work weekends
* Able to work and communicate with transportation and operations daily
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
* Able to work outdoors in uncontrolled climate
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Post Internal Days
Number of Openings
This position is currently accepting applications.