Year Round Data Science Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/12/2017
Here at SAS we are working on BIG analytics involving BIG data. We re talking saving your bank accounts from being hacked BIG. Or enhancing the detection of life-threatening diseases BIG. These challenges involving big data mean one thing: HUGE opportunity for you!
The SAS Intern Program will allow you to partner with leadership to work on business-critical projects resulting in an immediate impact to SAS and our customers. You could be contributing code to our industry-leading software or ensuring the quality of our products for our Fortune 100 customers the sky is the limit!
As a Technical Intern in the SAS Data Science Technologies team, your primary responsibility is to act as a technical resource for helping prototype and support new machine learning and cognitive analytic technologies.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) writing automated machine learning pipelines, evaluating competitive features of the software, delivering internal training workshops, and contributing technical content to customer facing collateral and white papers.
This is a year round internship based in Cary, NC.
What are the requirements for the role*
* Minimum of a Masters level student based in a school local to Cary, NC.
* Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and/or SharePoint).
* To be eligible, students must be enrolled in a degree seeking program and not be graduating prior to the beginning of the internship.
* Knowledge of scalable computing, machine learning, and cognitive computing.
* Knowledge of Java or Python Programming
What type of skills do we prefer*
* Emails. You have to know how to write them.
* Talking. You have to do it effectively.
* Mistakes. Catch them. If you don t. Learn from them.
* Technology. Embrace it.
* Teamwork With a dash of independence.
* Leadership. You sit in the front row of the class.
* Volunteering. You care about more than just you.
* An interest in technology, specifically in big data analytics.
* GPA of 3.0 or higher. Going to class is #vital.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn