Yearlong Internship Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 9/10/2017
White Plains, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160909-8230-LEK
Company Name: Argus
Argus Information and Advisory Services is a Verisk Analytics Company (NASDAQ: VRSK) and the leading provider of analytics, information and solutions to consumer banks and their regulators. Argus helps its clients maximize the value of data and analytics to allocate and align resources to strategic objectives, manage and mitigate risk (default, fraud, funding and compliance), and optimize financial objectives.
Our professionals have substantial industry knowledge, typically greater than fifteen years of experience, in providing solutions to the financial services sector. We are known for our unique ability to blend the highly technical, data-centered aspects of our projects with expert communication and business knowledge.
We maintain offices in New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Australia, and London and employ approximately 275 professionals.
This internship is a paid opportunity based at our headquarters in White Plains, NY, across from the Metro North train station. This internship is designed to offer college students majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related major an opportunity to gain valuable hands on experience. We offer the option to work up to 40 hours/week in the summer and 15-20 hours/week during the school semester.
* Execute and monitor the core monthly processes required to build and maintain a large data warehouse
* Work with technical teams to determine data requirements and best practices for data manipulation, and analysis strategies
* Review internal and client reports for accuracy and consistency, manage timely client deliverables
* Respond to ad hoc requests as assigned from the team
* Must be currently pursuing a Bachelor s degree or a 1st year Master student; commitment of at least 6 months
* Must have strong work ethic and be detail oriented
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts, both verbally and in writing
* Interest to gain knowledge and relevant work experience in Financial Industry and programming languages
* Technical skills: ASP. Net, MS SQL, VB.Net highly preferred
Please note: Only students from local schools will be considered, candidates must be able to work at minimum 15 hours/week in our White Plains office.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.