Youth Care Worker (overnight shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Youth Care Worker position is responsible for providing supervision, daily engagement, and as-needed assistance at a temporary shelter for children ages 13-17. CHSi is proud to offer this work in support of Federal Government contract. We are offering full-time schedules at this site for a period of approximately 90 days. Three available shifts. MUST be able to work Overnight Shift.
Bilingual in English and Spanish Required
* Overnight Shift
* Experience working with children.
* Bilingual in English and Spanish.
* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent
* Clean criminal background check.
* Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or Child Protective Services Screening.
* Provides residential care and line of sight supervision of unaccompanied minors, mostly ages 13-17.
* Provides oversight during recreation, meal time, relaxing time and play
* Assists during transition and movement of children from one activity to the next and one physical location to another
* Interacts with children in an appropriate manner, including playing games or during recreational time
* Maintain the Case file and Database in accordance with Office of Refugee and Resettlement guidelines (ORR)
* Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
* May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
* Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
* Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.