Youth Direct Care Provider
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONYouth Direct Care Provider
**Are you passionate about changing the future of our youth* **
Come join a team that is responsible for affording youth an opportunity for growth and change. The focus is on helping our youth establish goals for their future while staying connected to their communities and schools.
This position is responsible for creating a therapeutic and nurturing home environment for youth in a group home setting. The goal of the position is to maintain a safe, secure atmosphere conducive to the youth s positive growth and change. This includes teaching daily and independent living skills, mentoring and promoting community integration.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree in Human Services preferred
* Minimum 1 year of experience working with at risk youth required
* TCI, First Aid/CPR certification required or ability to obtain and maintain certification
* Ability to plan and engage youth in activities
* Demonstrated decision making, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
* Ability to form therapeutic relationships with youth and families
* Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population
* Knowledge of group dynamics preferred
* Flexible availability required including night and weekend hours
* Valid driver s license required
* MS Office skills required