Group Home Worker Per Diem 8/18/2016
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join Our Team, Join Our Family!
We offer a wide-range of rewarding positions which strive to assist and develop youth and families throughout New York State.
Be A Part of Our Mission
As a Group Home Worker, you will be responsible for creating a therapeutic and nurturing home environment for youth in a group home setting. The goal of the position is to maintain a safe, secure atmosphere conducive to the youth s positive growth and change. This includes teaching daily and independent living skills, mentoring and promoting community integration.
How Can You Help
* Ability to plan and engage youth in activities
* Demonstrated decision making, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
* Ability to form therapeutic relationships with youth and families
* Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population
* Knowledge of group dynamics preferred
Essential Job Requirements * Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree in Human Services preferred
* Minimum 1 year of experience working with at risk youth required
* TCI, First Aid/CPR certification required or ability to obtain and maintain certification
* Flexible availability required including night and weekend hours; up to 19 hours/week
* Valid driver s license required
* MS Office skills required
To apply for the Group Home Worker position, send a copy of your cover letter and resume by clicking here