Group Home Worker Per Diem 8/18/2016
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join Our Team, Join Our Family!
We offer a wide-range of rewarding positions which strive to assist and develop youth and families throughout New York State.
Be A Part of Our Mission
As a Group Home Worker, you will be responsible for creating a therapeutic and nurturing home environment for youth in a group home setting. The goal of the position is to maintain a safe, secure atmosphere conducive to the youth s positive growth and change. This includes teaching daily and independent living skills, mentoring and promoting community integration.
How Can You Help
* Ability to plan and engage youth in activities
* Demonstrated decision making, organizational and communication skills, both oral and written, including attention to detail
* Ability to form therapeutic relationships with youth and families
* Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population
* Knowledge of group dynamics preferred
Essential Job Requirements
* Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree in Human Services preferred
* Minimum 1 year of experience working with at risk youth required
* TCI, First Aid/CPR certification required or ability to obtain and maintain certification
* Flexible availability required including night and weekend hours; up to 19 hours/week
* Valid driver s license required
* MS Office skills required
To apply for the Group Home Worker position, send a copy of your cover letter and resume by clicking here
Berkshire Farm Center & Services for Youth (BFCSY) is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to excellence through diversity. BFCSY takes affirmative actions as an equal opportunity employer to attract, promote, and retain the most fully qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgendered status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.