ZFS Principal Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONMPSTOR is a leading developer of storage and cloud management software products, providing solutions through hardware OEMs and System Integrators (as well as direct) to data centers who are seeking a flexible, scaleable and resilient platform on which to build a storage, public cloud or private cloud service.
MPSTOR s core expertise is in software defined storage, which provides programmable and automated storage infrastructure, creating the perception of infinite flexibility in terms of scale and quality of service.
We pride ourselves in providing reliable, easy-to-use and easy-to-support software products and we work closely with our OEM and system integrator partners to deliver full turnkey solutions.
* Define future software architecture to stay ahead of the market competition
* Work with hardware architects to optimize hardware designs
* Work with customers to understand future business, technical and performance requirements
* Integrate ZFS into the existing storage code
* Develop new features to be used in and with ZFS
* Improve ZFS performance in large storage arrays
* Improve ZFS performance for NVNe SSD arrays
* Strong unit test and debugging skills
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, Mercurial or SVN)
* Proficient understanding of bug tracking tools and code maintenance process
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* Previously worked on a ZFS development or tuning team
* Experience in Linux, Python or C languages in event driven systems, preferably in data storage technologies
* Minimum of 12 years experience in a software development organization
* A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual or team leader
* Strong understanding of the software development cycle
* Strong problem solving skills
* Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
* Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
* Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that diversity is critical to our success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.