Zone Manager (Western US)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Colorado Springs, CO
JOB DESCRIPTION***THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED REMOTELY WITHIN THE WESTERN US***
Scott Safety, a business unit of Tyco Fire Protection, is a premier manufacturer of innovative respiratory and other personal protective equipment and safety devices for fire and rescue services, industrial workers, police, military and civil defense organizations around the world. With five global manufacturing locations, Scott Safety produces products that protect thousands of individuals each day from environmental hazards including smoke, toxic fumes, combustible gases, falling objects, and flame contaminants. The Scott product line includes self-contained breathing apparatus, supplied air and air-purifying respirators, gas and flame detection instruments, thermal imaging cameras, air compressors, accountability systems, head, eye and face protection, and firefighter and personal protective clothing.
* Develop and implement strategic sales plans that will provide Western US sales growth for the Scott Safety product lines.
* Participate in development of the strategic and tactical direction of Scott.
* Hire & train, and provide direction & leadership to the domestic zone field sales and service teams.
* Set and achieve sales goals.
* Maximize field sales and service productivity through targeted performance benchmarks.
* Optimize field sales and service performance.
* Manage distributor and key end user discounting programs, project negotiations, and price overrides within established gross margin goals and guidelines.
* Develop and manage zone distribution channels.
* Assist the regional field sales and service teams in developing distributor quotas, distributor strategies, and tactics targeting key markets and end users.
* Manage the regional field sales and service teams to insure maximization of distributor plans to insure market channel focus, penetration of key markets and end user accounts, and achieve distributor quotas.
* Evaluate current product mix, new product concepts, marketing strategies, competitive conditions, and the changing marketplace to insure achievement of Scotts growth objectives.
* Develop and promote programs that create sales and improve customer service while maintaining profitable gross margins.
Bachelors degree from an accredited university is required
Minimum of 7 years sales experience, preferably in the safety industry
Prior management experience of 5 years minimum
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Positive "can-do" professional attitude and appearance
Comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and services
Computer literate, familiar with Microsoft family of software.
Must possess a valid drivers license and be willing to travel.
- Strong MS Office skills, including MS Excel, Pivot tables, graphs, formulas, and analysis. Word and Power Point.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Proficient with personal computers, basic mathematics, and problem solving.
- Departmental management skills, background in developing strategic plans, knowledge of technical product sales and service through distribution.