AA Chief SW Architect 9/20/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is commited to diversity and inclusion.
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Qualifications CHIEF SOFTWARE ARCHITECT, APPLICATIONS & ANALYTICS
The Chief Software Architect, Applications & Analytics (A&A), is a proven (15 years ), software industry technical thought leader whose focus is upon driving the short, medium, and long-term software architectural direction for all of the Applications & Analytics business group of Nokia. The Chief Software Architect reports directly to the A&A CTO and a member of the CTOs leadership team. In this highly visible position, it is expected that the individual will also participate in occasional GLT and A&A Senior Leadership Team (SLT) discussions, presentations, and decision meetings in order to drive collaboration and alignment of ideas and actions across all Nokia.
This is an individual contributor position based in San Jose, CA USA. Relocation will be considered for the right candidate.
Expectation of 25-50% travel, with an estimated split between customer, industry, and internal travel.
* Drives overall software architecture direction for the business in collaboration with the A&A Product Units and the Common Software Foundation team, has final authority on all architecture decisions
* Stays in tune with software and industry technology trends, evaluates, and makes recommendations to the CTO
* Communicates internally and externally as a thought leader through position papers, presentations, etc.
* Leads product / technology investigation and diligence for M&A and partnerships, including ensuring that proper diligence is performed, details/risks/etc reported, and a formal technical review meeting is held with the A&A President and A&A CTO.
* Drives innovation / proof of concept / incubation projects in conjunction with A&A teams, Nokia Technologies, and Bell Labs
* Facilitates the virtual Advanced Technology Group (ATG) to drive and realize a cohesive and aligned technology vision throughout all A&A product offerings
* Collaborates with CTO team peers to develop best practices, guidelines, and policies around topics such as security, serviceability, accessibility, standards, etc and compliance
* Drives A&A-related industry and technology standards collaboration and involvement, including being the main point to contact with CIOO / Bell Labs Standards Committee
* Provides input into the overall competency development for A&A in terms of software technology, process, tools, etc skills
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE)
* Bachelor of Science or Engineering in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or similar.
* Significant experience working for an enterprise software company and/or SaaS provider
* Proven, real-world experience in the some/all of the following:
* Agile development
* E2E Software architecture development
* Application integration, middleware, database, and other platform technologies
* Virtualization technologies and approaches
* Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Cloud computing
* Developing and deploying cloud-native applications, microservices, APIs, containers (Docker), Openstack, etc
* Analytics, AI, and machine learning
* Leveraging and contributing to opensource
* Latest approaches to UX / UI development
* Technology evaluations and selection
* Leading virtual teams to accomplish complex objectives
* Presenting to customers, industry forums, analysts and internal audiences
* Communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
* Knowledge of some/all of Internet of Things (IoT), Business Support Systems (BSS), Operations Support Systems (OSS), Service Delivery Platforms (SDP) preferred, but not required.
* Knowledge the telecommunications market, industry dynamics, key players, etc a definite plus.