Account Manager 3/21/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Job Position Summary Description:
As a global leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband access, carrier and enterprise IP technologies, applications, and services, Nokia offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move. Nokia is a global leader in Delivering Mission Critical Communications Networks to Utility and Energy companies. Our Goal is to help Energy and Utility Companies become more Reliable, Secure, and Cost effective with best of breed products and applications designed help them achieve their goals today and in the future. Candidate should possess a strong Telecommunications background in the Utility and Energy space with strong solution selling skills and ability to generate revenue by developing new profitable business opportunities. Minimum requirements include ability to anticipate and identify business needs, develop recommendations and solutions, and provide excellent on-going relationship management with customers at all levels, with a demonstrated success at executive levels.
We are looking for an Account Manager to join our team.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
Examples of typical activities would generally include several of the following:
* Responsibility for the sale of Nokia products and services to Oil & Gas and Mining companies. Candidate will need to establish relationships with the groups responsible for transport, substation automation, security, Data Center, and Cloud/Hosting solutions.
* Implements Nokias product and solution strategies into the marketplace to generate revenue by focusing on stimulating and growing sales of Nokia products and services.
* Anticipates and identifies business needs, develops recommendations and solutions. Makes decisions based on strategic and long-term objectives and recognition of potential business impacts.
* Presents proactive solutions and recommendations to management, customers and/or external audiences that include Optics, IP and SDN products and services that can benefit customer's needs.
* Builds and retains account ownership for the customer. Builds relationships with customers as well as maintaining a network of partners to share information and obtain prospects.
Location: Candidate must be located in Houston, Texas. Qualifications
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
* Strong understanding of the unique requirements of a utility and retain the ability to articulate the value Nokia products bring to meeting those requirements.
* Contributes to the development of innovative solutions and ideas to drive incremental revenue.
* Broad knowledge of telecom and data center industry including: IP, MPLS, SDN and Optics and competitor trends.
* Requires at least 7-10 years of sales experience in Oil & Gas space market
* Strong business acumen in planning and organizing, information integration, decision-making and ability to achieve results while focusing on customer requirements and business success.
* Possesses ability to acquire an in-depth understanding of Nokias functional area objectives and strategies within first three months on the job.
* Determines and pursues courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
* Is accountable for developing and implementing business strategies.
* Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience. Masters desired.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.