Account Trainee, Golf, Operations Assistant, Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE JOB / ACCOUNT TRAINEE
Octagons Events team is looking for a motivated Operations Assistant will coordinate and support the Tournament Staff on the day-to-day operations of preparing for an LPGA Championship, to be held September 4-9, 2017. This person must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, work under pressure, and succeed in a deadline oriented environment.
THE WORK YOULL DO
* Assist tournament staff in coordinating all vendor contracts for the event
* Insure first-class presentation for the operation of event
* Help manage operational timeline that includes detailed set-up and tear-down schedules
* Work closely with Tournament Staff to insure operational fulfillment of corporate partner contracts and operational support of volunteer activities
* Work with tournament staff to execute product logistics plan including loading and unloading of product into storage containers
* Other related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
* Weekend and Holiday work required
THE BIGGER TEAM YOULL JOIN
WHERE OTHERS SEE COMPLEXITY, WE SEE POSSIBILITY.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesnt do it for you, and it shouldnt, lets take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
Thats where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
* Bachelors Degree
* Strong Event experience golf preferred
* Polished communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems independently
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet
* Extremely organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Interest in sports and event marketing as a career
* Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.