Account Trainee, Golf, Tournament Assistant, Marketing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 7/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE JOB / ACCOUNT TRAINEE
Octagons Events team is looking for a motivated Event Assistant to assist the senior event staff with day-to-day administrative duties associated with the preparation and executing of an LPGA golf championship to be held September 4-9, 2017.
THE WORK YOULL DO
* Respond to general event inquiries (dates, event schedule, ticket prices etc.)
* Assist Tournament Manager with implementation of sponsorship programs
* Assist with implementation of special projects & other partnership extensions in community
* Ticketing and fulfillment for sponsors and general public
* Updating the ticketing database and sending out weekly status reports
* Administrative duties
* Assist staff with research projects including researching potential endorsements, contact names, industry trends, or other assigned subjects
* Assist marketing and communications staff in implementing tournament marketing plan
* Carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision, including coordinating and implementing projects,Other related duties/projects as assigned
* Please note: Event is held outdoors and the pre-planning and execution phases of event will require long work days outside in temperatures consistent with summer in Arkansas.
THE BIGGER TEAM YOULL JOIN
WHERE OTHERS SEE COMPLEXITY, WE SEE POSSIBILITY.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesnt do it for you, and it shouldnt, lets take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
Thats where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
* Bachelors Degree
* Strong Event experience golf preferred
* Polished communication skills, both written and oral
* Strong ability to work as part of a team, demonstrate initiative, and solve problems independently
* Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and Internet
* Extremely organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
* Interest in sports and event marketing as a career
* Willingness to work weekends and nonstandard hours
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.