JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HollyFrontier Corporation, located in Artesia, NM is seeking an Accountant. The Accountant conducts and monitors basic to moderately complex accounting assignments as assigned with direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Prepares various accounting statements and reports and distributes as necessary
* Reviews, updates, and maintains files and/or data on a periodic basis
* Communicates information related to assigned department projects or any other requests to various departments
* Assists in gathering, analysis, and/or interpretation of data for various assigned projects
* Incorporates new information into current processes as needed
* Performs various assigned analyses
* Supports various assigned accounting activities
* Assists in preparation of presentations and meeting information
* Processes various reports
* Ensures the Accounting department s policies and procedures are adhered to
* Enters various assigned data into system
* Coordinates various accounting activities
* Responds to various basic to moderately complex inquiries related to duties, the company or department rules, regulations, policies and procedures and solves problems as appropriate to position
* Participate in and provide information for routine audits
* Analyze and prepare monthly journal entries
* Reconcile various inventory locations
* Process product purchase invoices
* Analyze and reconcile monthly third party exchange statements
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
None typically required, but one year of job experience may be required, depending on location.
Experience in revenue accounting, accounts payable, SAP FI/CO, SAP BI, and DataStream is preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree, in accounting, finance or related field, is required.
Basic ability to perform some accounting analysis. Basic knowledge of Microsoft products. Basic experience with accounting and maintenance software. Entry-level understanding of accounting practices and procedures. Basic reading and writing skills. Interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Office based with occasional work in a petroleum refinery environment. May be required to work flexible hours.
Job conditions require sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, perceiving color differences, and ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (beards not permitted) when out in refinery or during emergencies, and ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid state driver s license and proof of insurance required. Job conditions may require standing, walking, and lifting and/or carrying up to 25 lbs.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
ABOUT HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and
marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other
specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day
("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000
bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and
a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in
the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring
Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc.,
whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized
lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HOLLYFRONTIER CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS OR ANY OTHER PROHIBITED GROUND OF DISCRIMINATION.