Accountant - Strategic Partner Cost Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 6/13/2017
Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Accountant - Strategic Partner Cost Operations
Auto req ID
Business Unit Name
Oncology Systems (ONCG)
When you join Varian, you re joining an organization with nearly $3 billion in annual revenue, and more than 6,500 team members across more than 30 countries. You ll be backed by a culture that is centered on fostering your creative potential, and experience the full support of an organization and leadership committed to inspiring you to do your best work. Bring your talent to a place where your work will help fight cancer. Join Varian s Oncology Systems team, and the work you do can make a difference by helping to create a world without fear of cancer. We develop and manufacture products and solutions that innovate, support and streamline cancer-fighting solutions worldwide. Our teams have a common drive to help others, and a passion for excellence. Join Varian and add your talent to the fight against cancer.
Varian Medical Systems is seeking a Manager level Accountant in Atlanta, GA. This position is in the Atlanta office reporting to Regional HQ in Palo Alto, CA. As an individual contributor, initially the focus will be on owning the foundational development of a new P2P function Strategic Partner Costs i.e. Distributor Incentives, Royalties, License Costs, Software resale costs, etc.
* Develop standardized, automated, regionally centralized, globally scalable processes
* Staying ahead of partnership changes and new product introduction
* Take on additional accounting responsibilities as the need is presented
* Own Management of P2P Requirements of Strategic Partner Costs
* Maintain a Contract Database
* Review contracts and determine obligations by all parties
* Establish P2P operating procedures with new and existing Strategic Partners and Internal Departments
* Contract management
* Purchase Requisition Requirements
* Confirmation of Delivery
* Reporting of costs
* Confirming Accuracy of Invoicing
* Reconciliation of Outstanding open/active transactions
* Coordination and communication New Customer Orders, Renewals, Revisions, and Cancellations
* 3rd Party Audit s
* Own relationship with Strategic Partner s Finance Organization
* Act as Project Manager/liaison between contracting team, strategic partner, and accounting department
* Reconcile revenue to cost
* Develop and manage tracking and reporting of accounting estimates
* Calculate actual costs and validate accuracy of strategic partner invoicing
* Process Requisition s and walk invoice matching and payment processing through the AP Dept.
* Support any incentive related requirements
* Provide timely and relevant customized reporting, metrics, and analysis to senior leaders and department management
* PROACTIVELY OWN REQUIREMENTS
* B.S. degree in Business Administration specializing in Accounting
* 8 or more years Accounting experience in Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, and General Ledger
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience working directly with supplier finance departments
* Experience working with Sales, Incentives, Purchasing, AP, Legal, Tax, and Internal Audit
* Experience working with Systems to operationalize manual tasks
* Excel or other Database development and management
* Excellent Excel skills
* Strong analytical skills and a high proficiency with Microsoft software applications
* Ability to work confidentially
* Ability to multi-task and not miss a deadline
* Attention to detail and accuracy
* Proficient in SAP systems a plus
* Self-starter and Quick Learner
* Manufacturing accounting experience also a plus
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge: Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired. Typical Education and Experience: Bachelors Degree (or equivalent experience) and 8 years of related experience. Masters Degree with 6 years of related experience.
Become part of our team
At Varian, our culture is centered on fostering the creative potential of every employee through teamwork and collaboration. Our technologies touch millions of lives every day, and this inspires us to do our best work every day. By using your talent, ambition and creativity, you can build a career that allows you to make a real difference in people s lives. You re just one click away from the most impactful work you ll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to help save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Percentage of Travel Required