Accounting Manager 10/12/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Accounting Manager
Gensler is a global architecture and design firm grounded in the belief that design strategy optimizes business performance and human potential. Our 5,000+ practitioners networked across 46 offices use global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. Whether we are refreshing a retailer s brand, planning a new urban district, or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient, and more impactful.
You will be responsible for providing business leadership with respect to US GAAP (with a focus on revenue recognition) and day to day management of international locations, working closely with stakeholders across the organization.
What You Will Do
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Assist in the research, interpretation and implementation of US GAAP pronouncements assess the impact on financial statements and accounting policies draft memos and liaise with senior management and external auditors
* Identify policies that need to be drafted
* Draft policies and coordinate the policy review and approval process
* Liaise with regional offices in the drafting and review process
* Assist with implementing company accounting policies
* Manage and organize policy inventory
* Conduct policy and U.S. GAAP training sessions consult with business partners regarding policy interpretation and application
* Maintaining and implementing accounting controls
* Oversee GL accounting and reporting function for international locations
* Manage local standalone reporting for overseas locations
* Periodic review of major project progress and revenue recognition
* Supporting tax team for tax and regulatory reporting
* Assisting with ad hoc reporting for internal and external needs
* Participate in the consolidation close process as necessary
* Assist Treasury, Tax and FP&A on regular basis
* CPA required
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Finance
* 4+ years in public accounting
* Demonstrated experience in U.S. GAAP and accounting research (IFRS a plus)
* Detailed understanding of the new revenue and lease accounting standards
* Understanding of consolidations, foreign currency, and statutory financial statements
* Experience working with accounting standards and teams in international locations
* Proven working experience as accounting manager
* Advanced computer skills on MS Office
* Ability to manipulate data
* High attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to direct and supervise
* Working knowledge of Deltek Vision
* Experience in a corporate accounting role (preferably in the architecture or engineering and construction industry)
* Experience with international operations
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our people s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back Email Apply Now