Accounting Supervisor - Accounts Receivable
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 1/24/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY SUMMARY
First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
Come work with us! - We were recently named to the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For " list for 2016 and 2017.
Do you have experience leading an accounting team? We are looking for an experienced supervisor who wants to be part of a growing team of accounting professionals. You will be supervising a group of professionals in the Invoicing and Escrow Revenue groups within Accounts Receivable, leading the work of the team; interviewing, selecting and training the team; actively managing team performance; and implementing legal compliance initiatives. This position reports to the Senior Accounting Manager of Accounts Receivable Direct.
We believe in a high-performing, collaborative culture, and we want someone who thrives in a dynamic, established company and enjoys the challenges of understanding business needs and acting on them. Are you an experienced hands-on strategic individual who works well in a highly collaborative team environment? If so, your job duties will include:
* Develops, maintains and monitors accounting controls for the department.
* Leads the operational activities of a functional area within the department (Accounts Receivable).
* Writes and conducts employee performance reviews and provides ongoing performance feedback with direct consultation with Manager.
* Provides hiring recommendations to management.
* Assists with all personnel management and goal setting.
* Provides regular team status updates and analysis/reports to Manager.
* Interacts with management on issues requiring coordination across functional/departmental lines.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Minimum of 8 years relevant professional level work experience in billing, revenue recognition, mergers and acquisitions.
* 1-2 years demonstrated experience in a supervisory role. Your team includes 5+ direct reports.
* Licenses/Certifications a plus.
* Advanced Excel and Microsoft programs.
* Successful track record of executing in areas of expertise
* Ability to implement processes to ensure compliance and quality.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to communicate the function s vision and the department s direction, and set goals for team.
* Ability to select and coach talent and hold employees accountable for results.
* Provides others with reliable information and use good listening skills.
* Ability to understand and apply GAAP and SOX principles.
First American invests in its employee s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers..