Accounting Transition Manager (Oracle/Process Improvement) 9/16/2017
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BGIS is currently seeking a Accounting Transition Manager (Oracle/Process Improvement) to join the team as a member of our growing division.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square metres of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS's clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada s Green 30 companies since 2010.
* Ability to perform the month-end close, including proper application of US GAAP, preparing and reviewing journal entries, variance analysis, and balance sheet account reconciliations with an emphasis SOP and enhance the process to gain efficiency
* Ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reports.
* Develops new processes, procedures, policies and controls where needed to improve and streamline the accounting processes.
* Exhibits strong problem solving skills to applicable to system conversions
* Demonstrates strong technical knowledge and architecture of Oracle or comparable systems.
* Interfaces with managers and others in the company to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of processes.
* Makes interpretations of accounting guidance and facilitate technical accounting issues that analyze and conclude on accounting issues and its impact on company financials.
Financial Transition & Systems:
* Identifying, writing and managing business requirements.
* Supporting configurations, customization, reports and interfaces, testing and user training.
* Ability to serve as the internal application consultant and champion to our business process owners.
* Understand and represent the complexities, interdependencies and leading practices for implementing Oracle Financials business processes for the respective process stream.
* Facilitate and document business requirements, fit/gap analysis and functional design.
* Provide assistance to our Oracle Financials user community by addressing functional anomalies, and end user questions/ issues
* Oracle ERP Cloud experience in at least one or more of these modules: General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Procurement, Expenses and Enterprise Contracts
* Demonstrated experience assisting in the definition of systems strategy, gathering and documenting business requirements, leading fit-gap analysis, as-is and to- be business process designs, conference room pilots (CRPs) functional configuration, testing, client user training.
* Must have experience collaborating with clients on business process enhancements
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, or a related field preferred.
* Preferred 1 year of experience system upgrade or transition
* Requires high competency with Microsoft Suite; particularly Excel, Access and Visual Basic.
* Requires basic knowledge of SQL language, i.e. Selects, Inner/Outer Joins, Aggregation, Sub-Queries.
* Strong problem solving skills working with vague and ambiguous business problems
* Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills.
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
* Commitment to gaining exposure in multiple industries
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.