Accounts Receivable Clerk 9/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
Perform all Accounts Receivable support procedures as required to a high standard of quality and in a timely, efficient manner. Create invoices/claims, record cash receipts, apply cash received, and collect aged items, and reconcile general ledger accounts used in the preceding activities.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Prepare invoices and/or claims by utilizing input from various sources including external customer base or internal departments. This includes making appropriate journal entries which affect the P&L and B/S and validating the accuracy of supporting documentation.
* Process payment receipt information to clear open receivables. Interpret remittance payment information, identify invoice information to apply payments to appropriate receivables items, and complete quality control verification to balance check data.
* Prepare reconciliation of cash suspense accounts and monitor aging of accounts to resolve outstanding items.
* Reasearch and resolve issues where the remittance advice does not clearly identify the purpose of the payment. The research includes, but is not limited to, communications with internal customer contacts (sites), researching various company databases, or communicating with the remitter to receive the necessary documentation to post the payment appropriately.
* Produce routine reports, schedules, and summaries for FSSC management.
* Identify and resolve Accounts Receivable performance issues; escalate issues as appropriate to the AR Manager.
* Meet service level agreements (SLAs) and performance targets related to Accounts Receivable.
* Support period end financial closing activities for Accounts Receivable.
* Perform scanning responsibilities as required for remittance advices and other supporting documentation for the Finance Shared Services Center.
* Communicate issues and share best practices with other team members and manager for the benefit of all.
Customer Relationship Responsibilities
* Serve as the initial point of contact for external customers and customer related queries.
* Resolve any query issues according to defined policies and procedures liaising as necessary with internal and external parties.
* Escalate as necessary any customer issues related to queries to the AR Manager.
* Work with other FSSC teams to ensure a timely period end close.
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED
(Preferred): High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 3-5 years of experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
* Strong prioritization skills
* Good interpersonal skills
* Excellent customer service orientation
* Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
* Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting applications; SAP experience desired
* Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
* Analytical and research Skills
* Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and web-browsers
* Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
* Candidate should be experienced with working as part of a team and be a proven team player.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.