Billing Clerk II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 9/1/2017
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for all Accounts Receivable-related administrative functions, including contacting delinquent customers via phone to secure payment, assisting with printing and mailing of statements, and reviewing account histories with customers. Daily duties include heavy phone activity and computer use, as well as filing and faxing customer invoices and information.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Analyze reports from various systems to determine customer billing.
* Interpret contracts to determine billing components.
* Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
* Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments, and customers.
* Resolves collections by examining customer payment plans and payment history
* Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts, verifying totals, and preparing reports
* Business to business customer service.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required for the role. Bachelors degree preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Billing background required
* Knowledge of accounts receivable functions
* Knowledge of accounting practices and transaction processing
* Intermediate Excel skills required (e.g., pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
* Software industry experience preferred
* Knowledge of use of office equipment (e.g., computerized financial management system, PC, 10-key adding machine) required by the position
* Knowledge of reconciliation procedures
* Knowledge of double entry accounting concepts preferred
* Ability to perform basic math functions, multiplication, division, addition and subtraction
* Ability to spot errors and locate out-of-balance conditions in records, forms and reports
* Ability to process accounting transactions
* Ability to keep accurate written records and meet deadlines in an organized manner
* Ability to handle stressful situations, multi-task, and maintain confidentiality
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within BKFS or outside the organization (executives, regulators, clients, etc.)
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
* Ability to recognize and identify what information is needed to resolve a problem or question
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate level role. Works under the supervision of management with increasing latitude to make independent decisions. May take on some small projects outside of general accounts receivable duties. Typically requires more than four (4) years of experience.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer