Accounts Receivable Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/18/2018
Southern Graphic Systems, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
The Accounts Receivable Intern will assist in daily work flows of the Accounts Receivable Department. The Intern will assist the department with data entry related to customer master, support customer requests, research, and participate in other miscellaneous projects. The Accounts Receivable Intern is expected to constructively work with the Finance and other departments to improve Accounts Receivable processes across the company. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask independently.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Assist with all aspects of the customer master setup ensuring that customer information matches the guidelines established
* Assist with reviewing daily email mailboxes to ensure all customer requests are answered within department Service Level Agreements
* Work with Accounts Receivable Manager and Specialist on daily research requests.
* Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong organizational skills and outstanding attention to details
* Ability to work independently to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and communicate results to management.
* Provide quality, professional customer service to all internal and external customers.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, with intermediate skills in Excel; ability to run VLOOKUP formulas and utilize pivot tables.
* Additional tasks and or duties as assigned by the AR Manager.
Skills required: Strong attention to detail, general accounting knowledge, strong math aptitude, ability to meet deadlines, excellent research and resolution skills, excellent organizational skills, self-starter, able to work in fast-paced environment, excellent communication and customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment with a team together attitude.
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
* Ability to work 15-20 hours per week
* Enrolled in a college program (Liberal Arts or Business College Courses)
* Ability to analyze information and form a conclusion
* Ability to make independent judgment and initiative to make decisions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
* Must remain in academic good standing throughout the internship
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to Sit for long periods of time; perform keyboard entry for long periods of time; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Must be able to travel via airplane to customer sites, if necessary.
General Location Requirements:
* Comply with all SGS standards and applicable regulations.
* Comply with SGS policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
* Keep work area organized and clean.
* Assist in any additional responsibilities, as directed by management. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. You may be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by your manager or other management personnel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.",