This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/16/2017
Resources For Human Development
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number: FAMHN-ADLCO-H-10-2017-1
Job Title: ADL Counselor
Minimum Degree Required: A - High School/GED
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Salary Range: 12.25
Adult Life Skills Counselor (On Call)
On call shift coverage consist of being called in when there is a call out of full time staff, in addition shift coverage needed for following shifts:
Fri- 12 am to Saturday 12 pm
Saturday 8 am to 4 pm
Saturday 4 pm to 12 am
Saturday 12 am to Sunday 12 pm
Sunday 8 am to 4 pm
Sunday 4pm to 12 am
I. Responsibilities: Adult Life Skills and Educational Counseling
A. Resident Chores/House Maintenance
1. Support residents in maintaining the physical plant by monitoring and
inspecting their household chores.
2. Support residents in completing their household tasks.
3. Maintain the building repair log
4. Support residents in maintaining daily schedule.
B. Food and Household Goods
1. Assist, monitor and support cook in meal planning, food inventory, the
creation of a grocery shopping list, and grocery shopping as assigned by the
* Support, assist, and monitor meal preparation.
3. Support implementation of Nutrition Program.
4. Monitor and assist at mealtime.
* Monitor the food and household goods budget.
C. Medication and Health Management
1. Assist residents in securing prescriptions.
2. Log new medication in medication log book.
3. Monitor the resident's self-administration of all medication and log in
medication log as assigned by Director.
4. Assist residents in scheduling medical appointments and follow-up on medical
5. Collect and document collection of residents urine samples as assigned.
1. Collaborate with residents to complete all ADL level responsibilities.
2. Distribute and collect initial and discharge Consumer Satisfaction Survey
3. Assist residents in conflict resolution.
4. Provide crisis intervention.
5. Participate in Program milieu
6. Attend and/or facilitate educational groups and meetings (e.g. meal planning,
Community Meeting) as assigned by Director.
7. Actively support residents in facilitating socialization and recreation activities.
1. Document educational groups and any other significant resident contact.
2. Conduct, facilitate and document fire drills as assigned by the Director.
3. Participate in Case Consultation Mtgs., Staff Mtgs. and supervision as assigned by
4. Read log daily and document in log at the end of each shift.
5. Inventory each resident's possessions upon admission and discharge.
6. Assist residents in securing all benefits for which they are eligible (e.g. Welfare)
7. Escort residents to meetings, etc.as assigned by Director.
8. Provide emergency coverage for next shift.
9. As assigned by Director to insure continuity of care.
* Read program log at start of shift.
* Document shift reports
* Participate in resident s socialization activities.
* Escort residents to appointments such as WIC, medical appointments and court appointments.
* Assist residents in conflict resolution when necessary.
* Provide emergency coverage for shifts when needed.
* Provide hours of availability upon hire and on the monthly basis.
* Support residents in maintaining their program schedule.
* Attend monthly mandatory staff meetings and mandatory trainings.
* High School Graduate or G.E.D.
* 1 Year of Experience
* Must Have a Current, Valid Driver s License