Administrative Coordinator - Nice task mix, Great team!
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 1/23/2018
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under general supervision, coordinates administrative aspects of the Center for Faculty Development (CFD) and its offices, Office for Clinical Careers (OCC), Office for Research Career Development (ORCD) and Office for Womens Careers (OWC). Requires discretion and judgment to organize priorities and complete tasks. Assists department administration with the effective workflow of the offices daily operations. Responds to the needs of the Director, Executive Director and other associated staff of the Center for Faculty Development (CFD) and its offices, but administratively reports to the Office Manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assists in the preparation of presentation materials, reports and mailings.
* Responsible for all aspects of event planning, including scheduling, communication, catering, etc.
* Coordinates production and distribution of office publications/communications:
* Assists in production of Annual Reports, newsletters, and other materials as necessary.
* Ensures that office website is up-to-date and user-friendly.
* Tracks and manages attendance and earned CME credits for programs.
* Inputs data and generates reports for program evaluations, contact sheets and meeting feedback forms.
* Update archive binder of programs, publicity and communication from the Center.
* Maintain and update centralized Access database of office visits, programs and outreach efforts.
* Establishes and maintains office systems (e.g. filing system, paper reports, databases, maintaining and updating computer programs.
* Performs general clerical duties including photocopying, faxing, distributing the mail, filing, and setting up conference calls.
* Performs all other duties that are unit specific and are appropriate to this level of position.
* Organizes meetings and prepares administrative documentation as needed (e.g., memos and meeting minutes).
* Maintains central calendar for all events and proactively advises on possible scheduling conflicts.
* Schedule meetings in a timely manner and send confirmation to all parties as needed.
* Manages schedules for directors of Center, as needed.
* Covers phone and email inquiries to the office using judgment to respond, re-direct, or take information from the caller, as needed.
* Promptly respond to all inquiries.
* Interacts with all levels of management in the hospital and the Harvard Medical School.
* Provide cross coverage, as needed.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Exceptional organizational and interpersonal/communication skills.
* Independent problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
* Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information is absolutely essential.
* Excellent judgment and understanding of political sensitivities.
* Proficiency in personal computer and desktop applications, in particular a command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) applications required.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritize work and perform under pressure.
* Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information.
* Ability and willingness to take initiative.
* Bachelors Degree preferred.
* Minimum of 3-5 years or related experience required.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.