Administrative Coordinator for Training and Support 10/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Admin Coordinator for Training and Support will work directly with the Manager of STEM Projects and Training and the Project Manager, Product Design and Development to coordinate STEM training programs, client relations, and information sharing for The PEAR Institute: Partnerships in Education and Resilience. This is a full-time position. The Admin Coordinator for Training and Support will assist organizations and individuals seeking training in PEARs STEM framework, Dimensions of Success (DoS), and other services from The PEAR Institute. This will include helping produce training communications, website updates, and social media posts to providing information about PEARs work. The coordinator will answer client questions about our training program and serve as the point person for contract setup and other logistics.
The PEAR Institute creates and fosters evidence-based innovations in social-emotional learning (SEL) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) in out-of-school time (OST), youth-serving organizations, and schools. PEAR provides trainings and assessment tools that inform educational programs and professionals about program quality in schools and afterschool settings to help bridge the resource gap in high-poverty and underserved communities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Communicate with all clients interested in using the Dimensions of Success tools. Provide introductory information, communicate use policies, and connect clients to leadership teams for further discussion when necessary.
* Coordinate DoS trainings. This includes the client registration process and materials dissemination, as well as detailed records of trainee progress through the certification process.
* Provide back-up technical support to DoS trainers during online trainings using Adobe Connect, run tech checks with clients before trainings to ensure a seamless experience.
* Work with the Project Manager to produce informational material, PowerPoints, brochures, and certification requirements and ensure materials are in line with PEAR brand standards.
* Make updates to PEARs website, respond to website user requests, and make content updates as needed.
* Curate content for PEARs social media accounts.
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
* Bachelors degree, preferably in areas of education, psychology, or business.
* 1-2 years prior relevant work experience preferred.
* Comfortable communicating in a professional manner about specific tools and strategies to clients using phone, e-mail, and webinars.
* Strong writing/communication skills over email and on the phone with high-level clients and funders
* Must be highly organized, able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities, and adaptable in fast-changing situations.
* Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint, interest in document layout and design a plus.
* Familiarity with webinar technology, particularly Adobe Connect (or a quick study, interested in learning the technology and good at troubleshooting).
* Experience using social media for businesses or organizations a plus.
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.