ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR / 40 HOUR / DAY / BWH - CONNORS CENTER FOR WOMEN'S HEALTH 9/19/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY General Summary:
The Administrative Director leads the programs that fulfill the Mary Horrigan Connors Center for Womens Health and Gender Biology mission of improving the health of women and transforming their care through research, education, and advocacy work.
The Administrative Director provides leadership and support, program development and management, business planning, managing staff capacity/utilization, project implementation and oversight to a variety of research, educational, and policy initiatives across all areas of the Connors Center. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director to execute the strategic vision for the Connors Center.
The Connors Center is the umbrella organization for womens health research across all departments and programs at Brigham and Womens Hospital (BWH). This position involves a high level of interaction with internal and external constituencies including BWH hospital administration, Harvard Medical School, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Partners HealthCare, and outside organizations. S/he serves as a primary contact for the Center. This position reports directly to the Connors Centers Executive Director.
* In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop the direction and goals of the Connors Center and the strategic plans and programs that advance the womens health research mission of BWH.
* Ensure that the implementation of each of the initiatives is aligned with the vision, strategic plans and long- and short-term goals of the Center.
* Build on opportunities for synergy within the womens health strategic initiatives as well as with other hospital programs and strategic priorities.
Building Community and Collaborations
* Work with the Executive Director to grow the Connors Center constituency through recruitment efforts, and develop relationships with BWH Department and Divisions to promote initiatives related to the Connors Center priorities.
* Identify and facilitate collaborations among womens health research programs both internal and external to BWH that advance the mission and vision for womens health.
* Establish and strengthen both internal and external partnerships with investigators, programs, and advocacy groups committed to advancing our understanding of womens health and gender biology.
* Plan and implement programs that consolidate the role and priorities of the Connors Center within the womens health research community.
* Represent the Center across BWH, Partners HealthCare System, HMS and other internal and external settings.
* Supervise the Centers administrative staff and serve as the primary human resource contact and liaison. Responsible for ensuring appropriate training of employees as well as recruiting and growing talent within the Center.
* Establish financial goals and measures, monitors financial performance, and plan for the ongoing financial support of the Center. Prepare, present and justify annual budgets as prescribed by the institution and in keeping with organizational needs.
* In conjunction with Fellowship Directors, oversee recruitment, selection, and appointment processes for Connors Center Fellowship Programs. Maintain accreditation with Partners Graduate Medical Education office and ensure compliance of Fellowship Programs with GME Office policy and procedures.
* Work closely with hospital administration to ensure Connors Center grants and funds are managed and monitored in compliance with the institutions policies and procedures.
* Oversee the portfolio of activities, including staff and faculty affiliates and provide managerial guidance.
* Recruit and supervise all non-faculty positions.
* Oversee the Centers web presence BWH internet site, intranet, and affiliated newsletters and bulletins.
* Help the Executive Director develop avenues for effectively communicating the mission, vision, and initiatives of womens health research at BWH to internal and external audiences.
* Work closely with the BWH Development Office to identify and leverage opportunities for funding for the broad array of research initiatives, educational, and advocacy programs. Serve as liaison with Development to leverage Executive Directors time for fundraising.
Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
* Graduate degree (e.g., MBA, MPH, MS in Health Care Administration) or equivalent degree or experience required.
* Minimum of 5 years related work experience in some of the following areas preferred:
* research, program development, and/or womens health in an academic or medical setting.
* Proficient in computers with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, graphic and database programs.
* Supervisory experience required.
* Familiarity with research or academic medicine is preferred.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a large and diverse constituency of faculty, professionals, and staff across BWH, affiliated institutions, and external organizations.
* Highly organized with demonstrated ability to establish working priorities.
* A successful track record and proven skills in administration and operations, including finance, human resources, strategic planning, organizational communications, academic program management, and program monitoring and evaluations.
* Strong facilitation, service, and negotiations skills within large and dynamic groups.
* Ability to make independent, effective decisions in appropriate situations.
* Ability to gain credibility and trust with multiple layers of a complex organization.
* Ability to plan, direct, train and coordinate the activities of others to achieve timely results.
* Creative and self-motivated with the ability to perform independently and as a member of a team, effectively in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment, with a willingness to assist staff with routine and last minute projects.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.