This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/14/2017
Sonoco Products Company
Forest Park, GA
JOB DESCRIPTION* Develop and maintain safety program for administrative employees. Ensure compliance with plant safety rules.
* Supervise administrative positions in preparing analyses and reports in production performance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, inventory, month end closing as scheduled or requested on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
* Implement new procedures as required by corporate or division staff
* Create or modify various reports and databases as needed for management of the business. Provide detailed financial data to plant and division personnel as requested. Analyze and report plant operational performance. Utilize data to monitor and report performance by machine, by department, or by shift. Provide suggestions on methods to reduce negative variances
* Prepare, consolidate, and reconcile financial reports for month end closing. Direct, analyze, and verify month end closing entries as well as profit and loss statements. Coordinate plant physical inventory. Provide support for cost reduction and scrap reduction programs and teams. Coordinate plant budgeting process.
* Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork
* Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide direction, training, and development as needed.
* Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to plant manager. Work with HR to address employee concerns and issues.
* Coordinate production scheduling, purchasing, shipping and similar functions, as required, to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory and to reduce costs.
* Responsible for maintaining internal controls over all areas of the business.
* 4 year degree in business/accounting or finance required
* 5+ years of experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.