Ambulatory Care Tech 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This is a per diem, on call as needed position without benefits.
Under the direction and guidance of the Registered Nurse, the Ambulatory Care Tech performs order entry, patient phlebotomy and EKGs for ambulatory patients.
PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE
* Supports, educates and reassures the patient and their families and protects and provides for the patients right to be informed and involved in their care decisions.
* Obtains a brief overview of patient history and monitors presenting vital signs
* Facilitate patient health education under the direction of the RN during initial patient con-tact and assist with transfer of patients
* Assists patients with basic needs, comfort and safety, assists with admission and orientation of patient to department
* Assists with the preparation of the surgical patient by doing skin preps, applying DVT de-vices as ordered, and facilitating the flow of patients through the procedural process.
* Obtains blood specimens as assigned and labels all specimens and reconfirms the identification on the sample using the patients arm band.
* Performs Electrocardiograms including equipment prep, patient instruction and prep and performs procedure as directed
* Transcribes physician orders and completes order entry
* Accesses locked utility room for the purpose of restocking and other clerical functions
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Current Basic Life Support certification
* Previous medical experience and/or phlebotomy experience
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings