This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/13/2018
San Carlos, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Expectations
The Analyst will assist in the general management of potential investment opportunities, portfolio company s needs, and general business efforts for JetBlue Technology Ventures. The Analyst will assist with the sourcing, cataloging, analyzing and modeling of potential investments and support the leadership team in developing investment recommendations. The Analyst position is a one year pre-MBA role, equivalent to an internship, and serves as an excellent introduction to the Venture Capital business. The Analyst must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, and model the JetBlue Technology Ventures values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Manage the sorting, cataloging and follow up needed to support effective handling of new deals and portfolio companies
* Conduct basic financial analysis and modeling of potential investments
* Conduct Investment research
* Participate in due diligence processes with potential investments
* Develop of investment recommendation supporting documents
* Communicate with senior leaders in potential investment companies
* Support events, marketing efforts, and meetings as needed
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s degree completed by June 2017 in business, finance, engineering, computer science or related field
* One(1) year experience in finance, engineering, computer science or related field
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong financial modeling skills including the ability to analyze and model company financials
* Available for occasional overnight travel (up to 10%)
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced multi-team environment
* Ability to work to deadlines with quick turnaround and high quality
* Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Possess and maintain a valid Driver s License and a driving record from the state of your primary residence that meets JetBlue Airways insurance standards
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
* Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation.
* Consults with Crewleader on unique situations which do not have clear precedents
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
Equipment: Computer and other office equipment
Physical Effort: Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.