Analyst, Research 9/20/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Auto Req ID
Job Description OVERVIEW
The Research Analyst position will contribute to best in class research that differentiates JLL while building and maintaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace through market expertise, analysis, and insight. The analyst will have primary responsibility for tracking and analyzing all aspects of the local commercial real estate market and leveraging that knowledge proactively for research products, client projects, and business development efforts.
This position will have geographic responsibility for the state of Wisconsin, with a focus on the Milwaukee metropolitan area. The analyst will work closely with brokerage professionals throughout the JLL Midwest offices as well as research colleagues throughout the Americas research group. Some regional travel may be required.
* Continually develop, enhance and leverage detailed knowledge of the local economy and real estate markets
* Proactively deliver information and insights on market activity, conditions, trends, and forecasts
* Expand the research platform including processes and products that positively impact the business
* Develop strong relationships with internal and external clients and facilitate the use of research as a differentiator
* Work with marketing teams and business leaders to position research to contribute to the business development efforts
* Develop and leverage relationships with research counterparts at other local commercial real estate firms
* Participate in new business pitches and market presentations
* Contribute to the quarterly market statistics process, including collection, verification and analysis
* Create, write, analyze and edit quarterly reports for the local commercial real estate market
* Contribute effectively to all national or regional research reports with specified local market content
* Respond to all internal and external clients requests for data and information
* Track, maintain, and disseminate detailed data for critical indicators including lease and sales comparables, active tenants in the market, and office, industrial, and multi-family developments from the proposal stage through delivery
* Contribute to special research reports and white papers on unique market or industry trends
* Track relevant information in the local and national news cycles that enhances the team s understanding of market conditions
* Bachelor s or Master s degree in, business, statistics, economics or related field required
* One to three years of professional experience in commercial real estate or related field required
* Proficiency with the following software programs: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
* Exposure to research methodology, statistics and analytical writing required
* Accuracy, attention to detail, and organizational/prioritization skills
* Solid written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively
* Experience with ArcGIS, one or more computer programming languages, and/or a statistical software package
* Master s degree a plus
About JLL Research
JLL s research team delivers intelligence, analysis and insight through market-leading reports and services that illuminate today s commercial real estate dynamics and identify tomorrow s challenges and opportunities. Our more than 400 global research professionals track and analyze economic and property trends and forecast future conditions in over 60 countries, producing unrivalled local and global perspectives. Our research and expertise, fueled by real-time information and innovative thinking around the world, creates a competitive advantage for our clients and drives successful strategies and optimal real estate decisions.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 65409BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. A Fortune 500 company, JLL helps real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. In 2016, JLL had revenue of $6.8 billion and fee revenue of $5.8 billion and, on behalf of clients, managed 4.4 billion square feet, or 409 million square meters, and completed sales acquisitions and finance transactions of approximately $145 billion. At the end of the second quarter of 2017, JLL had nearly 300 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 80,000. As of June 30, 2017, LaSalle Investment Management had $57.6 billion of real estate under asset management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of teamwork, ethics and excellence. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract and develop the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.