Analytics Expert, Team Manager - GAMMA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/12/2018
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRACTICE AREA:
BCG's Advanced Analytics Group, GAMMA Solutions & Services delivers powerful analytics-based insights designed to help our clients tackle their most pressing business problems. We partner with BCG case teams and practices across the full analytics value-chain: framing new business challenges, building fact-bases, designing innovative analytics workflows, training colleagues in new methodologies, and interpreting findings for our clients. The GAMMA team is a global resource, working with clients in every BCG region and in every industry area. It is a core member of a rapidly growing Analytics enterprise at BCG a constellation of teams focused on driving practical results for BCG clients by applying leading edge analytics approaches.
BCG has established GAMMA Solutions & Services to support case teams in managing and realizing insight and opportunity from the increasing analytical intensity of our clients' problems. Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Scientific Modelers and Programmers as well Geospatial Analysts are the core of the new GAMMA service. They will work closely with consultants and case teams to provide both consultation on analytics subject matter expertise and hands-on support to case teams, focusing on data engineering, advanced analytics tools, modeling, and visualization, and custom-developed client-facing analytics deliverables. As part of our engagements, we from time to time develop POC or MVP solutions that enable our clients to continue executing the capability we created for them.
We are seeking a strong candidate to lead these development engagements, coordinating team members, deriving the analytics approach and guaranteeing the quality of delivery. He or she will ensure world-class service, manage escalations, resolve issues and work with GAMMA Leadership as well as other Analytics Managers to run the GAMMA business at BCG.
In addition, depending on the individual's interests, skills and background, the Analytics Manager may hold line management responsibility for part of the GAMMA team in the Americas.
The Analytics Expert (DevOps & Automation) will join a growing team with a global presence, and will work with both customers and team members worldwide. Successful candidates will possess advanced analytical technical expertise, strong collaborative and execution capabilities, excellent communication skills, a practical and flexible mindset, and high attention to detail and work quality.
Company InformationThe Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 14,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Basic Job RequirementsEducation & Experience:
* Undergraduate degree in a field linked to software engineering, computer science, data engineering, business analytics, applied mathematics, IT, engineering or related field is required; advanced degree is preferred
* 7+ years relevant industry experience, focussed on software engineering or computer science preferred, or 5+ years of consulting in similar field
* Extensive project management experience, ideally in a matrix organization
* Line management experience a plus
* Experience within the consulting industry is a plus
* Previous experience working in a global organization or professional services firm is preferred
* Experience with data engineering a plus
Key CompetenciesProfessional capabilities
* Problem solving, analytical skills and decision making
* Able to effectively handle difficult and stressful situations with poise, tact and patience, while demonstrating a sense of urgency
* Able to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems
* Flexible, self-motivated, and proactive out-of-the-box and critical thinker
* Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Fluent written and spoken English (other languages desirable)
* Ability and willingness to give and receive honest, balanced feedback
* Work management, organization and planning
* Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail, efficient time management, and the ability to prioritize work effectively
* Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment
* Customer and business focus
* Strong collaborative skills and able to adjust approach to effectively interact with customers at all organizational and technical levels
* Focus on excellent customer service and user needs
* Values and ethics
* Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust
* Ability to respect all BCG and client information as personal and confidential
* Thorough understanding and full software lifecycle experience of project/program management techniques and methods, especially Agile software delivery methodologies (SCRUM, KANBAN, etc.) and experience in other software development models and life cycle
* Strong algorithmic thinking
* Deep programming and scripting experience: e.g. Python, Ruby, C#, Perl, SQL,
* Application development (C++, .net, Java, )
* Experience with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure
* Familiarity with Docker a plus
* Familiarity with a broad base of analytics tools a plus:
* Data science: e.g. Spark, dataiku DSS
* Data management: e.g. SQL, PostGRESql, Hadoop/Hive, Alteryx,
* Data visualization: e.g. Tableau, D3,
* Data loading and management tools (SSIS, SSMS, SQL Workbench, Oracle SQL Developer )
Non-discrimination StatementThe Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job ResponsibilitiesRapid prototyping and modeling
* Gather requirements and develop advanced models and prototype software tools to encapsulate and test case team ideas in client environments
* Champion additional technical options to enhance case team effectiveness
* Collaborate with project team members to write prioritized business requirements documentation, including scope definition and statement of work
Rapid business requirement gathering and analysis
* Work with project stakeholders to identify business needs and gather requirements for data analysis, modelling, optimization of business and organizational processes and expected deliverables
* Collaborate with project team members to gather, assess, organize and document business and organizational process components, data and variables for modelling & optimization
* Work with project team members to gather, assess, organize, profile, and clean data for analysis
* Recruit and on-board new employees in the Americas
* Work with the Analytics Managers team to distribute