This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 1/23/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONHollyFrontier Navajo Refining, LLC located in Artesia, NM is seeking an API Inspector. The API Inspector conducts moderately complex inspection duties and assignments for the Inspection Department under minimal supervision. Acts as liaison with other departments within the refinery. May direct or lead the work of others from time-to-time.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
* Ensures and may certify (depending on location) integrity of equipment
* Ensures company records comply with regulatory requirements
* Provides suggestions and/or support to help the plant run more efficiently
* Inspects equipment, which may include atmospheric storage tanks, pressure vessels, piping, boilers, heaters, and relief valves based on certification and depending on location
* Generates inspection memos, and may issue equipment deficiency reports and repair recommendations
* Interprets inspection results; analyzes for trending; writes and prioritizes work for corrective action based on inspection results
* Maintains a complete and historical database for equipment used, to determine corrosion rates, scope of inspections, and frequency modification
* Approves work of Contracted Inspections and NDE services providers and hydrostatic testing
* Acts as coordinator of contract labor and projects including turnaround support activities which may be specifically for tank work in some locations
* Provides guidance to less experienced Inspectors
* Maintains department equipment and instruments
* Performs testing depending on location and level of training including NDE; formal testing such as UT, PT, MT, VT (as recognized by ASNT); hardness, PMI, and infrared thermography; under minimal supervision
* Works on special emphasis projects as assigned, level of participation may vary
* Ensures tank seal inspections and records as required by the EPA
* Performs weld inspections
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
A minimum of five years of inspection experience in a related industry is required.
A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience, is required.
Ability to lead and direct the work of other associates. Working knowledge of inspection methods and ability to apply this knowledge as it pertains to the company. A minimum of two of the following certifications: API 510, API 653, or API 570. AWS CWI; or special training in infrared camera operation and image evaluation, or certifications in API-653 Atmospheric Storage Tanks, and (Level 1 Infrared Thermography), Level II NDE certification, along with other specialty training may be required, depending on location. Computer program familiarity with MS Office suite and data management programs in use within Inspection Department. Ability to effectively communicate with others, advanced reading and writing skills, with the ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations.
May lead the work of contractors.
Office and field based, with up to 5% travel by land and air required. Petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors environment, driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, exposure to the risk of electrical shock, and working in confined spaces. Subject to all temperatures, weather, and road conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 40lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 40lbs, climbing up to 180ft, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential, valid state driver license and proof of insurances required, perceiving color difference, ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted), and strenuous physical activity.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
* Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
* Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
* Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
* Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
* Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
* Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and
marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other
specialty products. HollyFrontier operates through its subsidiaries a 135,000 barrels per stream day
("bpsd") refinery located in El Dorado, Kansas, a 125,000 bpsd refinery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, a 100,000
bpsd refinery located in Artesia, New Mexico, a 52,000 bpsd refinery located in Cheyenne, Wyoming and
a 45,000 bpsd refinery in Woods Cross, Utah. HollyFrontier markets its refined products principally in
the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring
Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier, through its subsidiary, owns Petro-Canada Lubricants Inc.,
whose Mississauga, Ontario facility produces 15,600 barrels per day of base oils and other specialized
lubricant products and owns a 37% interest (including a 2% general partner interest) in Holly Energy
Join HollyFrontier Corporation where you have the opportunity to develop and own your career!
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.