API Services Analyst 2/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The API Services Analyst provides front line functional, operational, procedural and technical expertise for Travelport API products, specializing in support of these API products.
* Functional research, test and sign off on API problem ticket resolutions.
* Provide API product support and customer service to internal and external organizations.
* Grow an up to date understanding of operational and strategic API product support requirements.
* Support fault analysis to identify trends of API product and functional problems reported.
* Engage in crisis and escalation activities for API product and functional issues as required.
* Identify opportunities to streamline product support processes and supplement/acquire product support knowledge across the Commercial Operations team; recommending solutions as appropriate.
* Contribute to requirements, specifications and business processes, making recommendations as appropriate.
* Represent API Support with project teams to ensure that API knowledge is provided, thus ensuring effective support for new products and enhancements.
* Grow an up to date knowledge of operational standards, help desk methodologies, technical trends and innovations in the industry.
* Build and develop a professional and productive working relationship with the Commercial account, Account Management, Product Management and Technology teams to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the functionality, purpose, utilization and support of Galileo API products and functions.
Knowledge, Skills,­ Experience, Training, Education:
* Relevant technical or IT experience.
* Preferred to have Travel Industry knowledge of GDSs, preferably gained with Worldspan/Galileo/Apollo.
* Experience using debugging tools to aid problem resolution.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills; be able to identify key issues and information in complex situations. Must have demonstrated experience of solving problems quickly, inventively, and resourcefully.
* Exceptional customer service skills, fostering strong and productive relationships with internal and external customers.
* Command excellent verbal and written communication skills; must have the ability to communicate technical issues/concepts clearly and effectively.
* Must be naturally inquisitive with self-sufficient research skills and focus on attention to detail. Must be self-motivated; able to work productively despite tight deadlines and challenging circumstances; be able to encourage others to do the same.
* Demonstrate PC literacy coupled with an aptitude for effectively finding, analyzing, manipulating and presenting data.
* Have experience of working with cross cultural and international teams and across multiple time zones..