This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 08942-138637
Parallon's Appeals Collector team is responsible for performing follow up on all appeals submitted to the payer for timely payment and resolution.
We're seeking a self-motivated individual to work as a Full Time Appeals Collector. Paid training is provided.
Duties (included but not limited to):
* Pursue additional payment on open appeals through various means of communication, such as telephonically, online or via payment package processes with payers and patients.
* Overcome objections that prevent payment of the claim
* Gain commitment for payment through concise and factual collection techniques.
* Escalate accounts to appropriate individuals at the payer and the shared service center management as needed
* Communicate trends to management as identified
* Utilize effective documentation standards that support a strong historical record of actions taken on the account.
* Meet the productivity and quality standards of the organization
Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
Technical skills - Professional presentation skills needed to represent facilities in legal issues.
Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
Clinical skills ability to read and interpret medical records a plus
Adaptability - adapt well in a fast-paced changing environment
High school diploma or GED required
Minimum one year related experience required, preferably in healthcare
Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Last Edited: 09/18/2017