Sr. Sales and Marketing Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied is a member of the global air conditioning company, Daikin Industries. Daikin Applied manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems that customers from around the world can trust to advance their needs for performance, reliability and energy efficiency. We develop innovations that create the right environments for successful businesses and critical applications. The people at Daikin Applied are committed to using their expertise to advance HVAC technologies and support our customers with efficient and reliable solutions. Daikin Applied products and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service and parts offices.
Daikin Applied, formerly known as Daikin McQuay, was started in 1924 and has an extensive history of developing new, industry-leading innovations and technology. Our award-winning Rebel rooftop units, Magnitude magnetic bearing chillers, Pathfinder air cooled chillers and Intelligent Equipment set new standards for efficiency and value for building owners. Also, our extensive water source heat pump and applied technologies, aftermarket service, and parts operations provide support to keep our customers' operations running smoothly.
Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2015 revenues in excess of $15 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Thomson Reuters.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Product Specialist Overview
Daikin Applied is seeking an individual to fill the role of Product Marketing Specialist for the Intelligent Solutions business unit. The qualified candidate will be a self-motivated individual, competent in task and time management, and able to operate with minimal direct supervision. This position will primarily support the Intelligent Systems offering - part of the Intelligent Solutions portfolio. The right individual will be a team player having a strong understanding of engineering, marketing and business analytic/research skill sets. He or she will display interpersonal and communication skills indicative of the ability to work with various functions and articulate ideas. He or she will also exhibit the leadership characteristics of attentiveness, confidence, organization, tact, diplomacy, teamwork, energy, flexibility and a can-do attitude. He or she will be customer-oriented, as this position involves direct engagement of stakeholders and end users on a regular basis. The ability to quantify results, summarize and make recommendations is core to this role, since interface with multiple levels of management is anticipated. The ability to think strategically, research, quantify and present information in a usable and actionable format is necessary. He or she will have the educational and professional background to assume additional responsibilities in the future. The individual will have personal qualities of honesty and integrity, and an interest in people development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provide basic pre-sales application support for sales offices bidding on projects with Intelligent Solution content
- Learn and demonstrate Intelligent Solutions to training course attendees on a semi-regular basis
- Drive usability improvement through continuous feedback and innovation.
- Support the development and maintenance of Intelligent Solutions sales collateral
- Handle order management issues related to Intelligent Systems and Intelligent Equipment as part of the Order to Cash (OTC) process
- Coordinate and execute on daily pricing requests.
- Conduct pricing and profitability analysis to ensure that key product line goals are being met.
- Provide access and support of Intelligent Solution demo sites to engaged stakeholders
- Provide regular updates and consolidation of competitive activity.
- Support Voice of Customer (VOC) activities, including observational VOC, and assist with development of VOC plans.
- Drive Market Acceptance of Daikin Applied solutions via activities such as survey development/delivery and focus group participation, coordinated with the Strategic Marketing team
- Provide post-sales product marketing support
- Provide assistance during strategic and annual operating planning cycles.
- Generate booking and sales reports from business systems
- Provide information and analysis for business reviews and monthly reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's of Science in an engineering field
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a highly technical engineered product environment, preferably within the HVAC industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Prior knowledge/experience with the following: MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint), Salesforce, Oracle
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.