Application Engineer, Senior- Dampers 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date: Dec 6, 2017
Location: Mosinee, WI, US, 54455
Company: Greenheck Group
Provide detailed technical product and application support. Responsible for product definitions and development. Manage special design requests and oversees the standardization of common requests. Develops training programs and delivers to internal and external customers. May provide supervision for direct reports within the department.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* May be responsible for product support group s performance for corporate and business unit objectives.
* Provide technical support via phone and e-mail for both internal and external customers in the areas of selection and application.
* Analyze common special design requests and determine a plan for standardization of the design.
* Evaluate and identify special design requests for feasibility and alignment with business unit objectives.
* Develop and execute solutions to complex field problems.
* Negotiate with internal and external customers.
* May participate in industry related associations.
* Develop solutions for challenging applications in compliance with industry codes and standards.
* Manage the development and updating of product literature.
* Responsible for identifying key selling points
* Responsible for completing detailed product health analysis and market studies.
* Responsible for detailed product definitions and related marketing functions associated with product development process.
* Evaluates components for quality, reliability and performance and advise engineering and purchasing as to those components which might enhance the product.
* Continually evaluate our competition to further enhance the company's market place, and use this knowledge to maintain the company's advantage in associated markets.
* Develop training programs and present to internal and external customers. Conduct product training seminars and product center visits.
* Assist with planning and coordination of trade shows and may be required to attend.
* May supervise customer service team which handles daily inquiries for technical support, special design requests, and field problems.
* Manage Computer Aided Product Selection (CAPS) planning and development. Coordinate/assist with testing. Use CAPS on a daily basis to assist customers
* Manage implementation and maintenance of products within computer aided product selection (CAPS).
* Assist Product Manager by providing input for strategic planning.
Business Unit Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Work as an integral part of the sales and marketing team in the application, product development, promotion, and daily support of the industry leading Damper product line. Assist customers with specialized applications by developing creative solutions to challenges encountered by engineers and contractors throughout the world. Become fluent in national and local codes to become an expert resource in the application of both control and UL qualified life safety dampers. Develop strong working relationships with the largest HVAC mechanical representative network in North America in addition to OEM business partners to grow sales and elevate our market position as the #1 supplier of damper products.
Work requires a professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, which is equivalent to that which would be acquired by completing a regular four-year college program. Minimum 2-5 years of related experience is required.
* Candidate must also have experience:
* Managing large scale projects from start to finish over multiple months
* Researching and analyzing markets (SWOT) to identify new product needs, and/or new markets or applications for existing products
* Supporting or managing the launch of a product into a market.
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
The Greenheck Group is an at will and Equal Opportunity Employer