Applications Engineer, Sr Staff 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Emulation has become indispensable part of SoC designs verification with growing design size and complexity. Synopsys is uniquely positioned to offer the most complete verification and emulation solution in the market today.
The job responsibilities involve analysis of customer s current verification methodology, deployment of Emulation solutions involved in-circuit and transaction level acceleration methodologies. This position requires one to lead and drive the technical Synopsys ZeBu emulation environment benchmarks. This is complete technical solutions deployment engineering position targeted for emerging emulation customers.
The Emulation deployment experts works closely with Synopsys Sales Specialists on product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. He/She plays an active role in account planning jointly with engineers deploying verification tools and works as part of the account team to develop solutions to customer problems based on their insight into the customers' needs and issues. Leveraging your close interaction with customers, R&D, Marketing, and Sales teams, you will be able to demonstrate the differentiated emulation environment influencing customer decision for ZeBu emulation adoption.
* Expert level engineers who have proficiency in SoC design methodologies and technologies, who have demonstrated experience in the complete design validation cycle, driven to help customers achieve their emulation verification goals.
* Great communication skills and proven ability to help our customers and our organization be successful.
* Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills required. Deep knowledge of RTL synthesis, mapping RTL to Xilinx FPGA based platform, scripting language, Unix/Linux development environment.
* Proficiency in HVL languages like C/C++/System C and SystemVerilog is desired.
* Knowledge of key protocol s like PCIe, USB, Ethernet, AMBA, UART, SATA/SAS, DDR, flash memories and their usage in SoC environments is plus.
* Direct experience in SoC design porting on emulators, creating emulation friendly testbench environment and emulating SoC environment w/ debug is highly preferred.
Excellent customer interface, negotiation, communication and planning skills
Minimum Qualification: B.S.E.E. or B.S.C.E and minimum 12 years of relevant experience.
M.S.E.E is plus